Tuesday 14 February 2017

Pre Production Blog Posts

Week 1

This week I met with my team and we decided that we would be from Chase radio and planned to create a promotional video that advertises a local talent show. We discussed this so that we knew what production we were planning. This impacted my production as we had a rough plan of what we wanted our project to be.
Also this week I wrote up a proposal so that everyone has a clear idea of what me and my group plan on creating. This was good because it explains what I plan to put into the video, why I plan to put it in the video and how this would fit to my target audience but I believe that I need to include more detail of exactly what my video will show and why I have chosen each specific element within my video.  This impacted on my production as it meant that I had a plan of what I wanted the video to show and why.

Week 2


This week I wrote my letter for permission to use locations. In this letter, I wrote to Mr Bryant asking for permission to use the Main Hall and the Chroma Key Room. This was effective as I explained why it would benefit Mr Bryant to let us use the facilities, it was polite and gave all the relevant information. Next time I will include more benefits for Kingsmead if they allow us to use their facilities. This impacted on production as it ensured that my company have requested to use a specific location that will benefit our production greatly as it ensures that we can use different backgrounds and have a large open space to record different clips.

I also carried out a location recce where I went to each location and evaluated how well they would fit our purpose. This was effective as I was able to view a range of different locations and highlight their key good and bad points so that I can make a well-informed decision on which location would be best. This was successful as I clearly gave advantages for each location, I also gave disadvantages for each location and described what each location offers. This benefitted my production as it ensured that I chose the location that was best for my production.

Finally, this week I completed the risk assessment which was effective as I gave a list of 13 risks, I explained how to avoid each risk and then what to do if any of the risks happened. Next time I would explain each risk in more detail. This benefited my production as it ensures that the production is as safe as possible and no one will get hurt. Also, if anyone does get hurt then the injured person gets the help they need quickly.


Week 3

This week my team and I have moved on to the script writing and character building section of our production. The character building section ensures that we build a strong knowledge base of what each character is like with specific details so that we can effectively create a video that fits the director’s vision. It incorporates the smaller details about each character including about the character such as their habits, relationships and distinguishing features. It ensures that you can feel as though you know the character personally before actually meeting them. The script break down sheet is a way of breaking down what you want from each scene of your video to the smallest details such as costumes and special effects and props. This is effective as it is a way of bringing ideas together so that the script can be written with precise detail. I personally completed the script breakdown sheet for each individual scene so that I could them write out each script with precise detail so that each scene fit the directors vision perfectly. The script breakdown sheet was effective as I included a multitude of details about sections such as, cast, costume details, extras / atmosphere, special effects, props, special equipment, makeup / hair, sound effects / music and production notes. However next time I will include more specific details regarding each section. Overall I feel that my work this week was a successful contribution to my project.

Week 4

This week I wrote out the final finished copy of my script for our production. The script is an important element to the production of our promotional video because it brings all the ideas for the promotional video together so that the producer and cinematographer can effectively design each scene and bring it to life. My script was effective as it included precise detail about each character’s outfit and actions they carry out in each scene. Also, my script gave specific details about what sound clips needed to be played and when they needed to be played. Next time I will include more details about lighting.

 Week 5
This week I typed up the weekly minuets from each meeting that I had with my team regarding project progression and file completion. My minuets were successful as they effectively outline what takes place each week for the project and who completes each document.
Also this week I completed a document that shows file sharing between the group. This was important as it ensures that all of the pre production documents are stored in one easily accessible place. My file sharing document is effective as is shows me sharing the files each week which ensures that I am staying up to date with work and justifies why I shared each document.

Week 6
This week I have downloaded the needed sound clips for my production and used screen shots to show that they are copyright free. The sound clips were important for production and had to be copyright free so that the production abides by copyright laws I also justified why I chose the specific sound clips and how they will fit into the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment